[Bucardo-general] How to start persistent replication?

Waldemar Biernacki wb at sao.pl
Mon May 19 07:54:52 UTC 2014

Hi!

I've got silly question!

I prepared some synchronisation, made some updates to the table and kicked off the changes with the command:

bucardo kick $SYNC

and everything was allright; changes were transfered.

However I cannot figure out how to turn on the replication to be persistent without kicking it from time to time?

My configuration is Debian stable 7.0, bucardo 4.99.5 (from Debian packages), Perl v5.14.2.

Regards to all of you!

wb.

Here is my script:

======================================
#!/bin/bash
# script 1:

TABLE=documents
SOURCE=192.168.1.12
TARGET=192.168.1.10
SYNC=firma_sync
HERD=replikacja
DBGR=firma

bucardo add db sikorka dbname=p1 host=$SOURCE
bucardo add db borsuk  dbname=p1 host=$TARGET
bucardo add table $TABLE herd=$HERD
bucardo add dbgroup $DBGR sikorka:source borsuk:target
bucardo add sync $SYNC herd=$HERD dbs=$DBGR ping=false
bucardo start

now I do some postgres job: updating table documents