[Bucardo-general] Multi master sync

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Thu May 29 15:40:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 05:15:04PM +0200, Jaroslav Beran wrote:
> Ok, I need more than two databases.
>
> What is current status of development? Is there some documentation regarding
> devel version?

You can look at the issues list in github, and specifically those issues
assigned to milestone "5.0", to get an idea of what the project feels still
needs to be finished before we decide it's ready to release. And of course you
can try it out to see how well it works for your situation specifically.

Documentation could certainly be better. You'll find that some of the
information available applies only to earlier versions. You can view the
built-in documentation with the perldoc utility; the bucardo and Bucardo.pm
files both have pod documentation built into them. You can also get help on
each command with the "bucardo help" command and its variants. Finally, there
are some useful blog posts and such things available online. I've found this
one to be a helpful reminder of command syntax:

http://justatheory.com/computers/databases/postgresql/bootstrap-bucardo-mulitmaster.html

--
Josh Tolley   josh at endpoint.com   801-987-0252
End Point Corporation  http://www.endpoint.com