[Bucardo-general] Activate/deactivate weirdness

Chris Keane chris.keane at zoomius.com
Sat Apr 4 01:07:11 UTC 2015

Hahahaha! Haha! Hahaha!
If I could build a replicatable test case I'd like have poked through the
code to find the problem myself and be suggesting a fix instead of showing
all the bumps on my head.

I'll be less thrashed in a few weeks and I'll see if I can figure it out
then.

But in summary:

Database goes away inelegantly (like a network connection drops out or
similar)
Sync is marked as stalled
Kicking the sync reports "Cannot kick an inactive sync"
bucardo activate sync
Kicking the sync reports "Cannot kick an inactive sync"
bucardo deactivate sync
bucardo activate sync (sometimes then validates the sync according the log
but never progresses)
Kicking the sync reports "Cannot kick an inactive sync"
Stop bucardo
bucardo activate sync
start bucardo
sometimes will pick up the sync, validate and start it, and sometimes
ignore it.

Chris.

--
*Chris Keane* * Track Intelligence Inc *  +1 (650) 703 5523 (cell)