[Bucardo-general] Bucardo error installation

Andrés Cruz andres29111990 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:37:04 UTC 2015

Hi, I have a problem whit my instalation of bucardo in Fedora; I create a
superuser and BD cald bucardo, then run a:

[andres at localhost ~]$ bucardo install
This will install the bucardo database into an existing Postgres cluster.
Postgres must have been compiled with Perl support,
and you must connect as a superuser

[andres at localhost ~]$ bucardo install
This will install the bucardo database into an existing Postgres cluster.
Postgres must have been compiled with Perl support,
and you must connect as a superuser

Current connection settings:
1. Host:           <none>
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: 1

Change the host to: localhost

Changed host to: localhost
Current connection settings:
1. Host:           localhost
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: 3

Change the user to: bucardo

Changed user to: bucardo
Current connection settings:
1. Host:           localhost
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           bucardo
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: p

Postgres version is: 9.3
Attempting to create and populate the bucardo database and schema
Database creation is complete

Updated configuration setting "piddir"
Installation is now complete.
If you see errors or need help, please email bucardo-general at bucardo.org

You may want to check over the configuration variables next, by running:
bucardo show all
Change any setting by using: bucardo set foo=bar

The BD was created:

[image: Imágenes integradas 1]

But I run:

bucardo show all
DBI connect('dbname=bucardo','bucardo',...) failed: FATAL:  la
autentificación Peer falló para el usuario «bucardo» at
/usr/local/bin/bucardo line 308.
[andres at localhost ~]$ bucardo show all

My installation of Postgresql support multiple user in localhost:

host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5

Any idea?

thank for help!