[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5.3.0 - "Failed : DBD::Pg::db do failed: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command SSL connection has been closed

Martin.savel martin.savel at elit.cz
Thu Apr 16 12:21:26 UTC 2015

Dear Gentlemans,

In our firm we began to use Bucardo version 5.3.0. Until now, everything was
fine. About last week was that one server has been shut down. And it
happened that replication on all servers stopped working. Replication runs
for four databases on frour servers in mode master:master:master:master.

After restart of Bucardo replication was ok. I thing that situation, when
one or more servers will be down is a standart for replication and
replication must continue.

Error message from  log:

"Failed : DBD::Pg::db do failed: FATAL:  terminating connection due to
administrator command SSL connection has been closed unexpectedly at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Bucardo.pm line 3401. Line: 5453 Main DB state:
? Error: none DB bucardo_stock_1 state:  (...)"

Configuration of Bucardo:

autosync_ddl              = newcol

bucardo_initial_version   = 5.3.0

bucardo_vac               = 1

bucardo_version           = 5.3.0

ctl_checkonkids_time      = 10

ctl_createkid_time        = 0.5

ctl_sleep                 = 0.2

default_conflict_strategy = bucardo_latest

default_email_from        = nobody at example.com

default_email_host        = localhost

default_email_port        = 25

default_email_to          = nobody at example.com

email_auth_pass           =

email_auth_user           =

email_debug_file          =

endsync_sleep             = 1.0

flatfile_dir              = .

host_safety_check         =

isolation_level           = repeatable read

kid_deadlock_sleep        = 0.5

kid_nodeltarows_sleep     = 0.5

kid_pingtime              = 60

kid_restart_sleep         = 1

kid_serial_sleep          = 0.5

kid_sleep                 = 0.5

log_conflict_file         = bucardo_conflict.log

log_level                 = normal

log_microsecond           = 0

log_showlevel             = 0

log_showline              = 0

log_showpid               = 1

log_showsyncname          = 1

log_showtime              = 3

mcp_dbproblem_sleep       = 15

mcp_loop_sleep            = 0.2

mcp_pingtime              = 60

mcp_vactime               = 60

piddir                    = pid

quick_delta_check         = 1

reason_file               = bucardo.restart.reason.txt

reload_config_timeout     = 30

semaphore_table           = bucardo_status

statement_chunk_size      = 8000

stats_script_url          = http://www.bucardo.org/

stopfile                  = fullstopbucardo

syslog_facility           = log_local1

tcp_keepalives_count      = 0

tcp_keepalives_idle       = 0

tcp_keepalives_interval   = 0

vac_run                   = 30

vac_sleep                 = 120

warning_file              = bucardo.warning.log

Thank you for your help :)

Best regards

Martin Šavel