[Bucardo-general] bloated bucardo 5 delta tables

Jonathan Brinkman jb at blackskytech.com
Sat Apr 25 14:42:43 UTC 2015

We now see the problem is the delta tables and track tables are Never
getting purged of old data. Is that something we're supposed to do manually
periodically? Would upgrading to the latest version help this?

To: 'bucardo-general at bucardo.org'
Subject: bloated bucardo 5 delta tables

Greetings

We're using bucardo 5.1.1 with postgresql 9.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

It's a busy database, and in the bucardo schema of the master server the
bucardo delta tables seem abnormally large. 13MM records in one table, 9.5MM
in another, others have 40K - 222K. Is there a way to purge old bucardo
delta records in bucardo 5? Previously (Bucardo 4) we had a purge command,
but it doesn't work with Bucardo 5.

Thank you!

Jonathan