[Bucardo-general] master/master with bulk updates, load balanced

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Aug 24 18:55:16 UTC 2015

I'm running PG in the cloud, currently single instance. I want to have
more than one instance, to improve reliability and availability. I'd
prefer a master/master scheme, to increase availability of not only the
read endpoints, but also the write endpoints.

We do bulk uploads almost exclusively - a Python script waking up once
in a while, that dumps more data into the DB. Internal users may query
the DB for data analytics whenever they like.

Is Bucardo a good fit for this scenario?

What would be some things I would need to pay special attention to while
installing / configuring / running the cluster?

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/