[Bucardo-general] How to ignore 'duplicate key value violates unique constraint' exceptions

Sijo Pappachan sijo.pappachan at outlook.com
Mon Jan 5 06:45:57 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have a 3 node master-master setup with conflict strategy as bucardo_latest. All has been well, but the sync aborts on unique constraint violation on few tables.
The error looks something like this :
Sync "dpixACsync" public."MediaObject" Reason: DBD::Pg::db pg_putcopyend failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "mo_uniq_path_index"
Basically, I would like to ignore the above exception and proceed with the rest of the sync in such scenarios.
Would really appreciate if someone can point me to some example customcode setup where I can ignore and proceed if a certain exception is raised and the sync continues with the default conflict strategy.
Thanks, ~ Sijo