[Bucardo-general] Alternative to onetimecopy with bucardo 5.1.2

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Jan 18 03:22:11 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:15:21AM +0100, sym39 wrote:
> In other words, doing something like this is a bad idea:
> 1. bucardo add sync foobar relgroup=myrels dbs=A:source,B:target
> 2. wait / check the state of the sync / other
> 3. bucardo update sync foobar dbs=A:source,B:source

Well, it won't update any rows until they are changes somehow. So,
another option is to create a sync, either A:source,B:targer,
or A:source,B:source, and then update every row for the tables
in that sync, on database A. Not recommended for large tables,
but if the table is smallish, it's not a bad workaround. By update,
I mean a non-changing update that still fires the trigger, e.g.:

UPDATE mytable SET id=id;

> Is it plan to implement the onetimecopy for multiple source mode to
> make bucardo do this kind of work under the covers?

Yes.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com