[Bucardo-general] sync reload hangs

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Mon Jul 20 15:44:03 UTC 2015

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 8:51 AM, Maryam Rabiee <rabiei.maryam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've altered a table which already is in a pushdelta sync(added one column) , and when reloading that sync , bucardo seems to hang . I've checked the log file and the last line is:
> MCP     Checking column on target database "*": "rate" (integer)
>
> Do I need to alter target table manually after each change in master tables? Is this problem because of that?

Yes, the target tables need to match in the structure (at least the column names/types), as that’s how Bucardo targets the data to be inserted.  It does not handle this action for you.  The general approach is when adding columns *to* tables in a sync, to add the column on the slave(s) first and then the master, and when dropping a column to drop from the master first and then the slave(s).  In a multimaster scenario, it really doesn’t matter the order, but replication will not fully work until the table structures match.

Thanks,

David Christensen
PostgreSQL Team Manager
End Point Corporation