[Bucardo-general] Problems syncing multiple databases

John Jeffers jjeffers at tendrilinc.com
Mon Jun 1 19:53:13 UTC 2015

I'm trying to sync multiple databases on the same servers using Bucardo,
and I'm running into problems adding more databases.

Here's the quick overview. My source server is running in Amazon EC2, the
destination is RDS. There are three databases, which I'll refer to as DB1,
DB2, and DB3.  All have simple schemas, but large amounts of data and are
quite active in production.

DB1 is working as expected, but I'm running into problems adding DB2 and
DB3.  When I attempt to add the sync for either DB2 or DB3, it complains
about schema problems.  I think what's happening is that it's comparing
tables that exist in DB1, and failing when it sees those tables don't exist
on DB2 and/or DB3.

So, to get around this, I attempted to add a new relgroup for DB2.
However, there are tables with the same names in DB1 and DB2, so it also
fails when I try to create the relgroup.

ERROR: Cannot have relations from different databases in the same relgroup

I believe this error is occurring because DB1 and DB2 both have a table
named "schema_version".

Any ideas how I can get around this? Or, explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm
new to Bucardo, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a problem in my
process.

Thank you.