[Bucardo-general] Problems syncing multiple databases

John Jeffers jjeffers at tendrilinc.com
Mon Jun 1 20:20:29 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply. Here are the exact commands.

First, create DB1 on remote, then dump and restore *schema only* from
source to dest using pg_dump/pg_restore.

Next, run these commands:
bucardo add db db1_local dbame="DB1" addalltables addallsequences
bucardo add db db1_remote dbname="DB1" pghost=rds.remote.host
dbuser=username dbpass=password
bucardo add dbgroup db1_dbgroup db1_local:source db1_remote:target
bucardo add sync db1_sync tables=all dbs=db1_dbgroup autokick=0

Next, dump and restore *data only* from source to dest using
pg_dump/pg_restore

Finally, run:
bucardo update sync db1_sync autokick=1
bucardo start

When I try to run this same sequence of commands on DB2 and DB3, it fails
at the "add sync" step.

*_______________________________________________*
*John Jeffers |  *DevOps Engineer

2580 55th St.  |  Suite 100  |  Boulder, Colorado 80301
*P* 720.921.2249  |
<https://mail.google.com/mail/#14c76859fb1ddca0_SafeHtmlFilter_> *F*
 720.921.2101
<https://mail.google.com/mail/#14c76859fb1ddca0_SafeHtmlFilter_>