[Bucardo-general] Fwd: Syncing smaller batches

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Nov 2 19:55:22 UTC 2015

> By disabling the autosync the performance on the primary master is good up
> to 1200TPS, so I created a script that kicks the sync in an endless loop
> but it has hard time keeping up with the master. I created actually 3
> syncs. One for the OTHER tables, one for table 1 and one for table 2, just
> for testing. Even this way the standby master is way behind. The sync I
> noticed it is very slow but not sure what part, probably the one that
> builds the delete statements and the copy command. The servers are on the
> same msa and they have identical configurations.

Yes, you definitely want autokick off in this case. If the tables
are logically linked (or even if they always get updated together)
I would make a single sync for them (one for OTHER, one for table1&2).

You may want to try HEAD, I've made some improvements to the
delete/copy code that may help in your circumstance. Either way,
it would be good to see where the pain points are: maybe you could
email me some log output?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com