[Bucardo-general] bucardo_delta contains over 24 million rows, cant purge

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Oct 5 00:31:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 11:18:18AM -0400, John Kelly wrote:
> on master, bucardo_delta contains over 24 million rows. Bucardo very slow.
> How can I clean up this may rows in bucardo_delta?

Not sure if this was resolved, but I indicated in #bucardo that the probable
cause was errant entries in the bucardo_delta_targets table. Make sure
that all the tables in it exists, and all of the targetdbs as well. If they
don't, then Bucardo will not remove bucardo_delta rows as it thinks some
other sync is still waiting to replicate them.

In a pinch, disable access to your database to prevent any of your tables
from being changed, kick all the syncs and wait for them to finish, then
truncate the delta tables. Last resort, though.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com