[Bucardo-general] bucardo loss of synchronization data

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 1 16:19:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On Jul 31, 2016, at 10:15 PM, 永恒 <510239859 at qq.com> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>        Bucardo 5.4.0 version, configured as the master-master mode, synchronization to synchronize from only one database to another database (such as A database to B database), and found that the data of B database is less than the data of A database. I have given the information and configuration information in the attachment!
>        Thanks for giving attention to my e-mail.Hoping to hear from you soon.

Without looking into the details, I would expect that your issue is due to not doing an initial synchronization of the data when adding the syncs.

Bucardo does not automatically synchronize the tables when you create a sync; it merely adds the necessary tracking triggers to start tracking which rows have changes from the point added onward, so the tables will show only the rows which have changed on either side of the sync.

Since this is a multi-master situation, it may be a little more complicated to work out at this point if you’ve had writes going to both sides, but assuming you have one database you want to ensure is on both (“A" database in your case) you can do a no-op update of the tables in question to ensure that the data gets replicated to the other side.  There are other approaches you can take, such as the “onetimesync” flag for the sync when initially setting up, but this is a simple approach that should get you going for now.  (Whether this is the *best* approach probably depends on how big your tables are and how many rows difference you’re looking at.)

HTH,

David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david at endpoint.com