[Bucardo-general] onetimecopy sync

Michael Shaich michael at averetek.com
Tue Dec 13 19:56:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

Can someone explain how to use either onetimecopy as a sync or the maybe deprecated type=fullcopy sync option?

I get either this

bucardo add sync sapnokey_sandy_helene_skoll herd=sandy_nokey_tables dbs=helene_skoll_sap_sandy onetimecopy=1
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Table "public.agr_activity_sme" must specify a primary key! at line 117. at line 30.

Or this

bucardo add sync sapnokey_sandy_helene_skoll herd=sandy_nokey_tables dbs=helene_skoll_sap_sandy type=fullcopy
Unknown option 'type'

The herd of no key tables gets refreshed nightly and I'd like bucardo to ship the refreshed tables nightly.  Even if I get the sync to save, it appears from this documentation
https://bucardo.org/wiki/Onetimecopy
The onetimecopy mode of a sync instructs it to temporarily switch from a pushdelta<https://bucardo.org/wiki/Pushdelta> mode to a fullcopy<https://bucardo.org/wiki/Fullcopy> mode. In other words, it will unconditionally copy over all rows for each table in the sync from the master to the slaves. When finished, Bucardo will automatically set this value back to 0.

that the sync is unrunnable again without updating the sync onetimecopy value.

Should I look for a solution outside of Bucardo?

Thanks,
Michael