[Bucardo-general] adding tables in non-alphanumeric schemas

Ben Chobot bench at silentmedia.com
Tue Jan 26 04:42:28 UTC 2016

> On Jan 13, 2016, at 9:17 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg at endpoint.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:28:04PM -0800, Ben Chobot wrote:
>> I am trying to use Bucardo 5.4.1 to replicate tables in
>> schemas containing non-alphanumeric characters
>>
>> …or am I missing the point?
>
> Yeah, that should be fine. I think the idea was to quickly
> separate the table and schema, with a quick safety check
> thrown in. I have no objection to a better regex.

So, changing this seemed to work fine, but required I redefine the sync_name_sane check on bucardo.sync. I took out the character checking and left it as

lower(name) NOT IN ('pushdelta','fullcopy','swap','sync')

…and that *appeared* to work ok, but can you think of any ways I might be shooting myself in the foot?