[Bucardo-general] Bucardo Crash

Balman, Matthew D. (GSFC-428.0)[Embedded Flight Systems, Inc] matthew.d.balman at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 16 17:00:52 UTC 2016

No. The excluded tables shouldn¹t have caused this issue as far as I can
tell.
This may have been a follow on from a previous issue.
We had a sync that went to ³stalled² and the only way to get it back was
to deactivate it and reactivate it.
That was about a week before this issue.

I understand there are some pending fixes in development.
I would be interested in the next release.

As it stands now we will probably have to implement a cron job that
monitors the status of bucardo and
1) Restart it if it crashes
2) Reactivate stalled syncs

Using Postgresql 9.3.10
There have been some postgres fixes that sound like they would affect
pgperl code so that probably means we should update to postgres 9.3.13 as
well.
SSL fixes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3-13.html
Perl fixes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3-12.html

So if nobody else is seeing these problems it¹s probably the particular
version of postgres we are using.