[Bucardo-general] Change primary key on table

emanuel at proabakus.com.br emanuel at proabakus.com.br
Tue May 24 14:13:00 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I needed remove and drop table in my bucardo instance
(master1, master2, master3) servers, cause a table has created with a
different primary key columns, so I change the column name. Example:

create table a (a int primary key, b text) ;

column a is wrong,
instead of re-created the table with other column name

drop table a ;
create table a (pa int primary key, b text) ;

when a executed these
commands, bucardo get the first version on table a with a column "a"
primary key. This make a generate "delta_public_a" to be created with
column "a".

several commands I executed but didn't work to remove
table reference on bucardo environment.

busardo purge, remove, etc
etc.

so, I made changes on bucardo delta tables (alter table
bucardo.delta_public_a rename column a to pa;), change trigger functions
([new|old].a to [new|old].pa) and re-created index existents on my three
masters instances.

And work!

My question is if exist a way on
command line or script bash or perl to make this action.

Regards,

Emanuel Araujo