[Bucardo-general] ubuntu 14 /var/run/bucardo issue and startup batch

Rosser Schwarz rosser.schwarz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 22:27:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Periko Support <pheriko.support at gmail.com>
wrote:

> can some one share me his startup batch for ubuntu? /etc/init.d?

There are example init-scripts that ship with the standard Bucardo
distribution. Look under the dist directory in the git repo.

Once installation, I chose /var/run/bucardo, but every time my server
> reboots I lost the bucardo directory inside /var/run.

On Ubuntu /var/run is marked as tmpfs. This is the expected behavior.

It looks like the sample init-scripts don't test for the existence of
$PIDDIR, which might be worth patching.

Thoughts?

--
:wq