[Bucardo-general] CentOS 7: /var/run/bucardo disappeared after reboot

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Apr 18 18:28:09 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 05:47:57PM +0000, Markova, Nina (NRCan/RNCan) wrote:
> What is the work-around?
> To add creation of this directory in the startup script in /etc/init.d/bucardo?
> Or there is more elegant way for CentOS 7?

There are two general solutions: use a different PID directory, or make sure it
gets created on startup. For the latter, I would use something like /etc/rc.local.
A better solution might be to simply use a directory that does not
get blown away each time, such as /tmp. You can add an entry to a bucardorc
file to do this. For example, as the user running bucardo:

echo "piddir=/tmp" >> ~/.bucardorc

Or globally on the box:

echo "piddir=/tmp" >> /etc/bucardorc

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8