[Bucardo-general] Is it possible to use RDS Postgres Read Only Replicas as a source for replication?

Andrei Tchijov andrei.tchijov at vgw.co
Mon Jan 2 08:24:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

	We have a requirement to setup read only replica of our production DB (RDS Postgres) outside of AWS. It seems that Bucardo can do the replication for us, but we have one concern.  We would much rather not to hook Bucardo directly to our master DB, but instead have it replicate data from RDS Read Only Replica of our prod DB. It is my understanding that Bucardo is based on triggers, but I could not find any information if triggers do get fired on RDS Read Only Replica.

	Does our approach make sense? Can some one give us definitive answer - will it works?

Cheers,
	Andrei