[Bucardo-general] What's wrong ?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Jan 10 14:40:53 UTC 2017

> DBI connect('dbname=bucardo;host=localhost;port=5432','bucardo',...) failed: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bucardo"
> FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bucardo" at /usr/bin/bucardo line 308.
>

> I have correctly install bucardo and the bucardo database. I am using ubuntu 15.10 wily and bucardo version 5.3.1

Make sure you have the bucardo password set in the .pgpass file of the user you
are running the command as. For the connection attempt above, you should have
a line like this in your ~/.pgpass file:

localhost:5432:bucardo:bucardo:somepassword

Where "somepassword" is replaced with the actual password of course.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8