[Bucardo-general] onetimecopy=1 (fullcopy) replica not the same number records all tables

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Jan 26 15:03:05 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:00:46AM -0800, Donald StDenis wrote:
> If I sync with these tables: public.search_events_y2015_m**
> I get duplication in public.all_search_events:
> Number of child tables: 17 (Use \d+ to list them.)

Ah...inheritance...and partitioning. That could certainly cause some of
the issues you are seeing.

I would suspect that the bucardo triggers are firing on the parent table and storing the
primary key, but the data is going to the child tables. Can you show the trigger or
rule, if any, that is on the parent table? Bucardo and partitioning is not an
area that is highly used: it is also possible Bucardo is missing, for example,
and ONLY somewhere in its calls, which would further gum things up, as generally,
we do not want to involve child tables unless being explicit.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8