[Bucardo-general] Bucardo doesn't resume replication after databasecoming back online

Michael Shaich michael at averetek.com
Wed Jul 5 20:38:49 UTC 2017

I have 3 databases in multi-master mode and we experience static VPN issues occasionally.  My sense of it is that if the tunnel is unstable for more than an hour Bucardo gives up.

We do these steps and then wait 15 minutes for replication to catch up before taking any other investigative steps.

bucardo stop

bucardo deactivate all

bucardo validate all

bucardo activate all

bucardo kick all

bucardo list sync

bucardo start

This so far has always brought us back into sync.
I do this once a quarter maybe.

Michael