[Bucardo-general] Adding a database with failed connection

Logan, Sean slogan01 at harris.com
Mon Jun 19 23:00:36 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to set up the bucardo configuration before the second database is ready to be contacted and configured with.  This has to do with the way we are handling our deployments.  I tried to use the command with the force flag: bucardo add db db=dbName -h 192.168.x.x --force but the command hangs and never actually seems to complete.  In the previous command the 192.168.x.x server does not have postgres running yet.  I notice that a process gets spawned that seems to hang forever.  I am on version 5.4.1

postgres: bucardo bucardo [local] COMMIT waiting for 0/F04F938

Is this scenario feasible or do we need to ensure both servers are up and running before we attempt to configure the bucardo install?

Thanks,

Sean Logan

[Harris_wR_2color_72dpi.jpg]<http://www.harris.com/>