[Bucardo-general] Adding a database with failed connection

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri Jun 23 22:19:52 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 05:50:42PM -0700, Rosser Schwarz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Logan, Sean <slogan01 at harris.com> wrote:
>
> > Is this scenario feasible or do we need to ensure both servers are up and
> > running before we attempt to configure the bucardo install?
> >

> The latter. Postgres needs to be installed and running on both sides of the
> sync that will exist between them before you can tell bucardo about that
> sync. Additionally, the synced database must exist on both sides, though it
> can be empty on the destination.

Rosser is correct, although /in theory/ you should be able to "bucardo add database"
a non-existent entry (see other email). It won't gain you much, however, as it will
need to exist before getting too much further.

Worse case scenario you could (carefully!) use a dummy database to get everything
setup, then change the bucardo.db table to point to the real one when it is up
and running.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8