[Bucardo-general] Bucardo error

poornima merchetty pmerchet05 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 01:01:17 UTC 2018

Hi Team,

I have working on bucardo installation. I see the following error
My current version of postgresql is 10.4. Would you please help me how to
resolve this error.

postgres=# SELECT version();
                                                 version
 PostgreSQL 10.4 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5
20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28), 64-bit
(1 row)

ERROR

[postgres at cld-17-12-57 bucardo_home]$ bucardo install
This will install the bucardo database into an existing Postgres cluster.
Postgres must have been compiled with Perl support,
and you must connect as a superuser

Current connection settings:
1. Host:           <none>
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: 1

Change the host to: 172.17.12.57

Changed host to: 172.17.12.57
Current connection settings:
1. Host:           172.17.12.57
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: p

Postgres version is: 4.8
Sorry, Bucardo requires Postgres version 8.1 or higher. This is only 4.8
[postgres at cld-17-12-57 bucardo_home]$

Thanks,
Poornima.