[Bucardo-general] Removing schema from busy database

Pete Fuller pfuller at 3sitracking.com
Wed May 30 17:45:01 UTC 2018

Had attempted to use Bucardo for an upgrade between a 9.2 postgres instance to a new 9.6 instance, and it worked beautifully in my development environment.  In my production environment, due to the structure and busyness of some tables, it was adding too much load during the initial copy of tables and I’d like to start over with just a few tables, starting from a restored backup.

Attempts to remove the bucardo schema via "DROP SCHEMA bucardo CASCADE;”  end in a deadlock.    Is there a clean way to remove the schema, delta tables, etc?

Thanks