[Bucardo-general] how to backup and restore postgres9.6 running on bucardo cluster

arshi shaikh arshi.s at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:25:21 UTC 2018

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 11:24 PM +0530, "David Christensen" <david at endpoint.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>   Can some one please point me to the document or guide me steps by which I can take the backup of postgres9.6 running bucado cluster.
>
> I have 3 node. Node1 is running bucardo server and other 2 are data node.
> I want to know exact steps by which I can take backup of bucardo cluster and prerequisites that I have to check before triggering the backup.
> Also steps to restore the backup on failed node and joining back in cluster or adding new node in cluster.
> Any Help is appreciated ..

Hi Arshi,

There shouldn’t really be any specific trick to this; you’d just backup the database as normal, making sure to also backup your “bucardo” database if that runs on a separate database cluster.  “pg_dump”,  “pg_backrest”, etc should just work as normal to save the state of the Bucardo database.

HTH,

David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david at endpoint.com