[Bucardo-general] Wrong documentation on pgbench example

Guido Brugnara gdo at leader.it
Sat Apr 27 07:38:16 UTC 2019

A few years ago I tried Bucardo but I abandoned it because it didn't automatically handle the reconnection of remote nodes.
Now I would like to try the latest version, hoping that it is now possible to use Bucardo with unstable connections.

To test the latest code I used a Linux Debian Stretch with .DEB package made for unstable versions:

    cd /tmp
    wget http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bucardo/bucardo_5.5.0-1_all.deb
    apt-get install libboolean-perl libdbd-pg-perl libdbi-perl libdbix-safe-perl libtest-simple-perl
    dpkg -i bucardo_5.5.0-1_all.deb

I used the following guide, which is not corrected with my test enviroment:

    https://bucardo.org/Bucardo/pgbench_example.html

The following are the conflicting points:

1) pgbench tables are different names, like "pgbench_history" (not "history")

2) Using "bucardo add all tables ..." command, the option "source=***" is unknown, I have replace withe "herd=***"

3) Using "bucardo add sync" command, the options "type=pushdelta" or "type=fullcopy" are unknown

I have looked into "man bucardo" but "fullcopy" and "pushdelta" are not mentioned.

In the manual many parameters are described with few words of description; it is not clear how to use them.
Furthermore there are no examples of their use.
Where I can find an updated and complete documentation, if it exists?
Otherwise, please tell me how I need to change the commands listed in the guide.

Thanks in advance!
gdo