[Bucardo-general] Re-syncing a single table in sync group

Jeff Ross rossj at cargotel.com
Thu Dec 12 17:17:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I've had bucardo up and running as a master-master now for a couple of
months.  Recently I noticed that one of the tables on the initial target
database has only about 110,000 rows compared to the initial source
database where that table has almost 2 million.  In looking over my
setup script I discovered that in the the initial pg_dump of data only
from initial source to target that table was accidentally not included.

I currently have 2 syncs running and bucardo status shows them both to
be Good.  Additionally, bucardo validate sync shows both syncs to be valid.

What would be the best way to get the rows from the initial source table
to the target table?  I don't see a way to force the re-sync using
bucardo.  I can disable the triggers on the target table, dump the data
and insert and then re-enable triggers, as the initial data load did
using the session replication role.  Or maybe the thing to do it to
split that table out into a new sync and then do the initial seeding?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jeff

--

Jeff Ross
rossj at cargotel.com

--
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the
use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or