[Bucardo-general] Where install Bucardo for master to master replication

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Mon Jan 7 17:41:50 UTC 2019

> Hi,
> I want install Bucardo to replicate 2 Master database in PostgreSQL 9.2
> It’s possible to lose the connection between 2 database site. And each Database is in read/write.
> Then on which server I must put Bucardo, it’s possible to put on each database server, or it’s necessaire to put on other server who can’t lost the connection with each database?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Gaëtan Schneller

Hi Gaëtan,

You can have the Bucardo daemon on either server or even a third server, the only condition is that the server where the Bucardo daemon runs is able to connect to all databases included.

Even if the servers disconnect, once things reconnect you will be able to sync things up again.

HTH,

David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david at endpoint.com