[Bucardo-general] Is Bucardo a good solution for reconciling two copies of a database not connected for some time and modified separately?

Renzo Orsini renzo.orsini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:37:14 UTC 2019

Hello, this is the use case for which I am asking if Bucardo is a good solution:

One database, cloned on a mobile server, used in a field activity (archeology), without network connection. After some time (and updates to the database), the mobile server is brought back and “merged” with the original server (where maybe other updates have been performed).

Reading the documentation, it seems to me that Bucardo is the right tool to perform this task. It is correct? Do you have some suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance!

Renzo Orsini
University of Venice