[Bucardo-general] Large database and best options.

Mike Zupan mike at zcentric.com
Thu Oct 10 15:49:15 UTC 2019

I have about a 1.7 TB database I need to try to move to RDS. It also has
around 190 tables.

Is the best way to setup 1 sync job like this

bucardo add db source_db dbhost=$SOURCE_HOST dbport=$SOURCE_PORT
dbname=$SOURCE_DATABASE dbuser=$SOURCE_USERNAME dbpass=$SOURCE_PASSWORD

bucardo add db dest_db dbhost=$DEST_HOST dbport=$DEST_PORT
dbname=$DEST_DATABASE dbuser=$DEST_USERNAME dbpass=$DEST_PASSWORD

bucardo add all tables --herd=copying_herd

bucardo add sync the_sync relgroup=copying_herd
dbs=source_db:source,dest_db:target onetimecopy=2

Or setup many smaller sync jobs that have about 10 tables per sync job? Or
even 1 sync job per table?

Thanks
Mike