[Bucardo-general] Setup bucardo on cloud managed Dbs

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Dec 29 02:16:57 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020, jay saini wrote:

> I have to setup bucardo for production systems and we have to do reverse
> replication of data from google cloudsql to aws rds. We are using
> bucardo for this but we dont want bucardo to use local db
> host(127.0.0.1) but the google managed postgres instance. Is it possible
> to configure bucardo db on cloud managed db to provide more
> availability?

You can use any Postgres database you want for the Bucardo control
database, as long as it can run PL/pgSQL and PL/PerlU functions that
Bucardo needs to run.

When you run `bucardo install` give it the connection info to your cloud
Postgres database.

> Can you give some more suggestions on how can we make bucardo server
> fault tolerant.

There are a lot of options there, mostly similar to running other
services.

Aside from making the Postgres database Bucardo uses for control reliable,
you could set up a Bucardo failover app server and make it HA by
monitoring replication lag, using STONITH on the primary Bucardo server if
replication stops.

HTH,
Jon

--