[Bucardo-general] Upgrade to PostgreSQL 13

Andreas Wahler andreas.wahler at wamtek.net
Fri Nov 13 10:07:10 UTC 2020

Hi all,

just 2 short questions:

1. During Postgres migration from 9.3 -> 13.0 via pg_dump we'll also
jump from bucardo 5.4 to 5.6. Could we keep the table structure,
triggers etc. during the upgrade or do we have to make a fresh bucardo
install?

2. Log level "normal" doesn't show us any activity within the bucardo
log; on "verbose" it is very talkative. At bucardo 5.4 we ran on
"normal" and got log entries each time, a table content was changed. Is
there an adequate option at bucardo 5.6?

Common information:

We've already tested a mixed operation with bucardo 5.6 with PG 9.3 on
one hand and PG 13 on the other side without any issues.Also
installation and setup of 5.6 upon a fresh database server was very easy
and successful; many thanks at this point!

KR
Andreas

Andreas Wahler
Wamtek Information Systems GmbH
Bahnstrasse 17a
61381 Friedrichsdorf
andreas.wahler at wamtek.net
Telefon: +49 6172 28 5 11 0 <tel:+496172285110>
http://www.wamtek.net
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Wahler, Kai Emmerling
Amtsgericht Bad Homburg HRB 9479