[Bucardo-general] amazon RDS to hetzner postgres problem

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 8 16:54:54 UTC 2020

> On Oct 8, 2020, at 10:59 AM, Matvey Gladkikh <matvey at copter.ru> wrote:
>
> Good day.
>
> I have a problem:
>
> (7611) [Thu Oct  8 18:52:45 2020] CTL Controller 7611 exiting at cleanup_controller. Reason: Invalid customcols given: must give an alias to all columns! (ARRAY(0x56075201ba40)) for SELECT *
> (7611) [Thu Oct  8 18:52:45 2020] CTL Removed pid file "/var/run/bucardo/bucardo.ctl.sync.sync1.pid"
>
> controller is restarting again and again
> bucardo set log_level=debug
> do not show on which table it gets kicked - could you please advice how to find the problematic column? we have 223 colums, one by one they work ok, but all together fails with this error.

Hi Matvey,

How are you going the initial setup/configuration?  Are you doing something other than `bucardo add table` to get the tables added to the sync?  (Since it mentions “invalid customcols” I wonder if a table is being added with an explicit query.)

You can probably find the specific PostgreSQL error that is generated in the Pg logs for the source or the target; anything look relevant/interesting there?

Best,

David Christensen
Senior Software and Database Engineer
End Point Corporation