[Bucardo-general] cannot restart stalled sync

Videanu Adrian videanuadrian at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 16:03:57 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I`m running a 4 nodes master-master cluster with bucardo 5.4.1. Each node is in a different geographical region.Last night I had some problems with the internet in one of the locations and the replication was stopped.
The problem is that when the internet was back the majority of the syncs were stalled.
I have tried the classical

stop bucardo
deactivate sync X
activate sync X
validate sync X
start bucardo
but it seems to have no effect, these are still stalled even If when I validate the syncs I receive the [OK] message.
In order to work, I had to manually edit the syncs table from the bucardo database and update stalled with active.

I`m afraid that by doing this I`ll break something internally in bucardo.
Any idea why it may behave like this?

 Regards, Adrian VideanuSkype: videanu.adrianTel:+40723864025