[Bucardo-general] Question about order of the Bucardo setup

IT Technical Analyst FOD fo.ittechnicalanalyst at emergency.it
Tue May 11 08:00:17 UTC 2021

Hello again,
sorry, only now I see this question of yours: “... or it doesn't matter the order of the steps, as Bucardo will compare every single row in the source and target and will replicate what's missing?
“

No, Bucardo works setting triggers on replicated tables. When someone or something modifies a row in a table under replication, the trigger will insert a “delta” record in a table created by bucardo.
When the sync is kicked (by default there is autokick, so by itself) bucardo applies that delta to the target db.
But if the dbs are not identical before the moment you add that db to bucardo, he will not replicate what’s missing, only the changes that occur from that moment and recorded by the trigger.

Bye again,
Mattia