[check_postgres] any chance we can add --exclude-schema?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Jun 22 20:57:41 UTC 2008

> I find myself wishing I could exclude schema names from the last-analyze
> and last-vacuum checks.  Particularly the information_schema seems to
> trigger these warnings quite often on some of my client servers.
> Perhaps I can examine the code some more and come up with a patch for
> it.  Or perhaps I'm not using the --exclude properly?  I tried --exclude
> '~^information_schema' but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

I agree, there is no sense in checking those small sql_ tables for vacuum
and analyze. I hard-coded an exclusion for information_schema to those
tests (and for bloat as well). You were using -exclude properly, but it
was only sending the table name. I just added the ability to exclude and
include schemas as well, by adding a trailing dot to the search term. Not
needed anymore for your particular problem due to the hard-coding, but
could certainly be useful elsewhere. Bumped the version to 1.9.0 as well;
time to try out the new -announce mailing list...

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com