[check_postgres] misbehavior in check_bloat ?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Aug 12 10:27:17 UTC 2009

> I need to set -w "161%" to remove this warning when I expect to put
> 40 % : round((11-7)*100/11) = 36 is the percentage of the wasted
> space of the *current* real relation size.

This is expected - the number returned is how big the table is compared
to the expected size, and not the percent of bloat (perhaps we can
explain that better in the docs?). In other words, if there is no bloat,
then the table is 100% of it's expected size. This does make the
percentage checks a little awkward, but we'd need to examine how it
would effect the other checks, and how a change to that number would
affect existing installations that already expect the >100% system.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com