[check_postgres] getting the FREE size after vaccum

Eyal Noach lik_no at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 17:43:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

Is there an easy way to know what is the size that is free in a database or any table after performing vaccum analyze ?

Since I have many updates and lots of "dead" rows - I wanted to know if I can come up with a number saying how much is free for writing after vaccum analyze.

I know the way to get the dead-tuples, deleted and live tuples stats but can I use these stats for calculating free size ?

Thanks