[check_postgres] [commit] Add 'checkpoint' action.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Feb 2 15:39:55 UTC 2009

> Just curious, but since the check has to run on the db server, why not have it
> log into the db to look at checkpoint_timeout, and then base warning/critical
> based on that? Also, it might be worth looking if the db is in backup mode.

This is meant to run on a recovering server, so we can't login. I'll
make the docs clearer on that point. If you think it might be useful to
measure checkpoints on the 'master' side, we can look into that as well,
but this is only meant to measure how "far behind" a warm standby slave is.

--
Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com 610-983-9073