[check_postgres] pgbouncer pooler/backend

Cédric Villemain cedric.villemain at dalibo.com
Mon Feb 23 16:21:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

Here is my first try to use check_postgres with a pgbouncer 'backend'.
I just do some quick patch to handle check_settings_checksum *but* to check
pgbouncer settings.

So I add a commandline option '--pooler' which can at least take the 'pgbouncer'
value (and perhaps pgpool and/or bucardo later ?). Note that this option name is
probably not the best choice (but --server_type ?).

The idea is to keep the existent plugins and make them workable with pgbouncer
(if it is relevant).

Many plugins are irrelevant for pgbouncer (last_analyze for example), and some
plugin lacks if we want to check_pgbouncer.

So I wonder if it is better to do a check_pgbouncer.pl or make check_postgres.pl
understood it can use a normal postgresql server or a modified one (then issue
relevant query for this kind of modified server) ?

Any idea, suggestion, shot are welcome.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données