[check_postgres] check_postgres issue when calling from a remote server

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Tue Feb 24 20:28:20 UTC 2009

I'm having a little issue while calling check_postgres from remote
server via ssh. Here is the command definition:

===
$USER1$/check_by_ssh -t 400 -4 -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG1$ -l $ARG2$ -C
'/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_postgres_last_autovacuum -u
$ARG3 -db $ARG4$ -w $ARG5$ --critical $ARG6$ --port $ARG7$'
===

and here is the service command:

===
check_remote_postgres_last_autovacuum64!22!postgres!postgres!mydb!
604800s!1209600s!5432
===

When I run it on the command line in the central nagios server, I get a
good output. However, nagios gives an error:

===
ERROR: Value for 'critical' must be a valid time. Examples: -c 1s -c "10
minutes"
===

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,