[check_postgres] bloat check doesn't work with --include

Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Thu Jul 23 05:03:09 UTC 2009

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> Oh no!  I just realized that the nagios user on my test system wasn't a
>> superuser like it is in production, so I'm not sure which version fixed
>> it.  I just grabbed 2.9.4 and it works fine for me as does 2.9.5.  Gonna
>> get this tested on the production system ASAP and let you know.
>>

> No worries, I made my own test cases based on your first email and
> confirmed it was still a problem in HEAD. FWIW, support for
> non-superusers is on the horizon.

So, the latest version from git fixes the --include, but breaks --exclude:

discord:~/git/check_postgres $ ./check_postgres.pl -u nagios
--action=bloat -db jefftest --exclude=foo --warning=200% --critical=500%
ERROR: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "ORDER"
LINE 50: ...elpages - otta > 0 OR ipages - iotta > 10 LIMIT 10ORDER BY w...

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 916-647-6411	FAX: 916-405-4032