[check_postgres] todo items : analyze, vacuum

Cédric Villemain cedric.villemain at dalibo.com
Wed Jun 24 13:25:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

There are the following items on the TODO list :

* Fix last_analyze, etc. with perflimit - can lead to no results due to
filtering

* For last_analyze and last_vacuum, way to skip null (never been hit)

* Check every table has been vacuum|analyze at least once. (no NULL)

* Check at least one table has been vacuumed|analyzed since X hours/days/...

We can perfectly do that with a new function for the two latest items.
But I sugest to rewrite the main function to  handle more case *and* to filter
in the query, not by parsing the results. The behavior will change a bit as we
can not output a specific message when exclusion rules took effect.

Some preference ?

----
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données