[check_postgres] more secure nagios checks

Robert Treat xzilla at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 9 16:32:46 UTC 2009

Howdy folks,

I've got a system that has some relativly high security needs that I want to
use check_postgres / nagios on.  Currently some the checks I want to use
require superuser acess (like check_postgres_wal_files), but I'd rather not
put a superuser account into my nagios config. In theory it would be easy to
wrap the checks into a security definer function and have a non-super user
call them, but I'm not really eager to make a quasi-fork of check postgres.
So, before I do that, I thought I'd ask if anyone here has had a similar need
and come up with a work around for that? Alternativly, if I do have to go
through rewriting the checks, does anyone have an interest in using them? TIA

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net