[check_postgres] pgbouncer pooler/backend

Cédric Villemain cedric.villemain at dalibo.com
Thu Mar 12 13:45:17 UTC 2009

Cédric Villemain a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Here is my first try to use check_postgres with a pgbouncer 'backend'.
> I just do some quick patch to handle check_settings_checksum *but* to check
> pgbouncer settings.
>
> So I add a commandline option '--pooler' which can at least take the 'pgbouncer'
> value (and perhaps pgpool and/or bucardo later ?). Note that this option name is
> probably not the best choice (but --server_type ?).
>
> The idea is to keep the existent plugins and make them workable with pgbouncer
> (if it is relevant).
>

> Many plugins are irrelevant for pgbouncer (last_analyze for example), and some
> plugin lacks if we want to check_pgbouncer.
>

> So I wonder if it is better to do a check_pgbouncer.pl or make check_postgres.pl
> understood it can use a normal postgresql server or a modified one (then issue
> relevant query for this kind of modified server) ?
>

> Any idea, suggestion, shot are welcome.

Following Robert process, I have add check_postgres to github too.
There is the master branch which I'd like to keep sync with the official master
branch.
I have a last_release branch (currently 2.7.3) so I work against the
last_release, not the master (as master is the upstream dev)

And finaly the pgbouncer branch where I will try to add the pooler=gbouncer
extension.

http://github.com/klando/check_postgres/tree/pgbouncer

Fisrt step done is the settings_checksum which work as expected.

./check_postgres.pl -u pgbstat -db pgbouncer -H localhost -p 5433
- --pooler=pgbouncer --action=settings_checksum -c 0

(note that pgbouncer have a group for stats_users which I use)